City of Newton's elections are held in November in odd numbered years.
The next City Council election will be held on Tuesday, November 7, 2017.
- To register to vote, learn more at the Jasper County Auditor's Office website.
- For the 2017 City Elections on Tuesday, November 7, 2017 there will only be four polling places open in the City of Newton. All four polling places will be open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Ward 1 (NT1-1 and NT1-2) will vote at Park Centre (500 1st St N).
- Ward 2 (NT2-1 and NT2-2) will vote at St. Luke United Methodist Church (501 E 19th St N).
- Ward 3 (NT3-1 and NT3-2) will vote at the Jasper County Community Center (2401 1st Ave E).
- Ward 4 (NT4-1 and NT4-2) will vote at the American Legion (1101 W 4th St S).
- If you have further questions, please contact the Jasper County Auditor’s Office at 641-792-7016.
- To view the Jasper County Auditor’s Office a full map of the City of Newton Approved Voting Locations, click here. *Note this map shows all eight polling places.
- To enter your address and find what ward and precinct you belong to, visit the Iowa Secretary of State's website.
- Please review the Candidate's Guide (PDF) to the Regular City Election.
- Candidates that wish to run for election must file an affidavit of candidacy (PDF) and nomination petitions (PDF) with at least 25 signatures.
- Offices that will be on the November ballet include Mayor, Council Member At-Large, Council Member Ward 2, Council Member Ward 4.
- The affidavit and petitions can be filed at the Jasper County Auditor's Office in the courthouse or to the City Clerk in City Hall, 101 W. 4th St S. between August 28th and September 21st by 5:00 PM.
- For more information, please visit the Iowa Secretary of State website.