The City Clerk is appointed by the City Council, maintains the City’s official records, and receives legal documents on behalf of the City
The City Clerk has the following specific responsibilities:
- Custodian of all official documents and records
- Maintains all City records
- Prepares council agendas
- Publishes and posts meeting notices, agendas, and ordinances
- Reports council proceedings and records votes
Various permits are issued through the City Clerk’s office, which includes but is not limited to:
- Liquor licenses
- Door-to-door solicitor’s permits
- Block party requests
Katrina Davis serves as City Clerk and is appointed by the City Council. She is the custodian of all official documents and records, prepares council agendas, publishes and posts meeting notices, agendas and ordinances and reports council proceeds and records votes.
She also serves as the Administrative Services Manager.
Deputy City Clerks
Four City of Newton employees also serve as Deputy City Clerks in addition to their regular responsibilities.
- Lisa Frasier, Finance Officer
- Michele Heisdorffer, Senior Financial Analyst
- Candace Streeter, Financial Analyst
- Jolene Brady; Administrative Assistant