Rock the Block® is a focused housing outreach approach that provides a path for residents, organizations, volunteers and Jasper County Habitat for Humanity to come together to assist low income residents. Assistance is offered with needed repair, maintenance, weatherization, safety, accessibility and beautification of homes.
Rock the Block® leverages and packages available housing resources at the neighborhood block level to assist as many residents as possible, creating noticeable change and revitalization. Each Rock the Block® project occurs in targeted areas where major rehabilitation and new construction of Habitat homes are already underway or planned for the future.
Rock the Block® Qualifications
Our owner occupied housing program focuses on several different categories of housing services. Homeowners have to apply for services using a simple two page application and provide proof of income for anyone living in the house 18 and over. Here is a list of different requirements that have to be meet to qualify for the program.
- Must live in Jasper County
- Must be the homeowner of record
- Must be current on mortgage and property taxes
- Must income qualify (0 - 60% median income (HUD guidelines))
- Must be willing to complete eight (8) hours of Sweat Equity, including a Financial Literacy Course
- Must pay a modest fee towards the project cost based on AMI table
- Must have a need
There are five distinct categories where Rock the Block® offers services. They are as follows; Home Preservation, Weatherization, Critical Home Repair and Neighborhood Resource Improvements.