In response to peaking numbers and the healthcare systems on the verge of a crisis, the Jasper County Board of Health STRONGLY RECOMMENDS the following:
- Wear a cloth face-covering
- Social distance (staying 6 feet away from others).
- Limit social gatherings. With upcoming holidays and other celebrations, it is encouraged to do virtual visits with family members and friends.
- Stay home when you are sick or exposed to COVID-19.
- If you have been exposed to COVID-19, you must quarantine for 14 days even with a negative test.
- Wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds
- Get your flu shot
The Board of Health encourages business owners, churches, service clubs, schools, and any other groups to require face masks before entering the establishment. The Board of Health’s role is to protect the health of Jasper County. We need to come together as a community to ensure our healthcare resources can continue to provide quality care to our community. We know the upward trend in positive cases will continue without mitigation strategies.
Wearing face coverings is one way we can help to keep our local businesses and schools open. We need everyone to do their part to help Jasper County. Wearing face coverings protects you, those around you, and the community.