The Newton Development Corporation is again pleased to partner with the Jasper Community Foundation and the DMACC Newton Campus to offer the Get to Know Newton Leadership Class. The class is held on Tuesday evenings in room 224 at the Newton DMACC Campus. The 8 week course runs from January 30th through March 20th.
- Jan. 30th Economic Development – Challenges & Opportunities
- Feb. 6th City Government & Services
- Feb. 13th Education & Workforce Development – Needs and Challenges
- Feb. 20th & Feb. 27th Real Colors TM – Personality Profile
- Mar. 6th Law Enforcement & Crisis
- Mar. 13th Health and Human Services
- Mar. 20th Graduation
In this leadership course you will learn about the key issues facing Newton and how to get involved.
You will interact with local leaders who will share their experience and insights through informal Q&A sessions. You’ll also participate in interactive leadership exercises, including the Real ColorsTM Personality Profile that focuses on communication and work styles.
Class size is limited to 22 participants. Tuition is $250, however half that amount will be covered with a grant from the Jasper Community Foundation. Registration deadline in January 23rd 2017. You can pick up a brochure at the Newton Development Corporation office at DMACC Newton Campus (Room 268).